Re: New to ADO / MySQL with dbGo

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject:Re: New to ADO / MySQL with dbGo
Posted by: Lester Ray Porter (ray_port…@unc.edu)
Date:Sat, 13 Jun 2009

Is there an OLEDB provider for MySQL?  If so, that's what you should use
rather than the ODBC driver.  Delphi's dbGo is a suite of components for ADO
connectivity, not ODBC.  ODBC will work, using the generic OLEDB provider
for ODBC (just point it to your defined ODBC data source) but performance
won't be as good as using a native OLEDB provider.  As someone else pointed
out, you can build your connection string in the wizard of the
TADOConnection object.

Ray